MencapThe voice of learning disability
We work with people with a learning disability to change laws and services, challenge prejudice and directly support thousands of people to live their lives as they choose.
We do so many different things. For example:
* We support people with a learning disability to get a job or take a college course, or we can help them find a place of their own to live in.
* We offer advice about things like respite care, individual budgets or transport services.
* We run residential/day care services and leisure groups that are so important to so many people with a learning disability, and their families and supporters.
* We support people with a learning disability to be part of their local communities.
* We lobby the government to change laws so that more and more people with a learning disability can have control over their own lives.